Ease away stress and anxiety with simple mediation for the soul
Mantra Meditation is a very simple method of meditation practice involving focusing of the mind and senses on sacred sounds that bring the mind and body into harmony. A mantra is not an ordinary material sound. It is a sacred sound vibration.
Benefits of Mantra Meditation
- Your mind is drawn away from material stresses and anxieties. No material sound or activity can effectively accomplish this.
- The mind becomes rested, peaceful and satisfied. Mantras have a purifying effect on the mind and heart.
- Gradually, your mind and heart becomes cleansed of anger, envy, & arrogance. In time, you will develop more tolerance, patience, concern, & love for others.
- Confusion and illusion become cleansed from your mind and heart, and you will experience your true identity.
Gauranga Breathing (pronounced Gaur-Ra-Ang-Gah)
1. Sit comfortably.
2. Let your breathing become slow and deep.
3. Relax your body with each exhalation.
4. When your breathing is more relaxed, begin the meditation by saying “Gauranga”- in your mind as you inhale.
5. When you exhale, say “Gauranga” out loud. Stretch out the sound so that it takes up the whole exhalation.
6. Allow yourself to feel the vibrations of the Gaur-Ra-Ang-Gah sound.
7. Continue repeating the Gauranga sound for 5-10 minutes to relieve your mind and body of stress and tension.
8. When practiced daily, this simple meditation can relieve anxiety, stress, depression and can also be used as an effective coping skill during stressful moments throughout the day.